Tuesday, April 3, 2012

GOD LOVES UGLY

You said that I wasn't prettyso I just believed youAnd you said that I wasn't specialso I lived that waywith critical gazes and brutal amazementat how my reflection could be so imperfectWith all of my blemisheshow could somebody want me?
But God loves uglyHe doesn't see the way I seeOh, God takes uglyand turns it into something that is beautifulapparently I'm beautifulcause you love me, ohh
I tried to clean up the outsideall shiny and newWorked overtime to thin up and look rightbut inside I knewthat deep in the bottom were secrets I thought I could try to ignoreOld ghosts in my corridors never get tired of haunting the past that's in me
But God loves uglyHe doesn't see the way I seeOh, God takes uglyand turns it into something that is beautifulapparently I'm beautifulcause you love me
Help me believewhy you love mewhen I know you seeyou see everythingHelp me believewhy you love mewhen I know you seeinside and you still say I'm beautifulyou're telling me I'm beautifulyou're screaming out: oh, so beautifuland I'm finding out I'm beautifulyou're making me so beautifuland I can see I'm beautifulcause you love me

0 comments:

Post a Comment